Thursday, July 25, 2013

I'm Back! And with a New Blog Title!

Hello all!

It's been a long time since I have posted on this blog. After I originally started this blog, I became very busy with student teaching, and then eventually my first year in teaching. Now that I am rolling into my second year of teaching, I think that I will have more time to blog :)

Even though I am a new me (college graduate and new special education teacher), I am still very much into health and fitness. However, I believe that the way I incorporate health and fitness into my life has improved. For example, in college, I was always getting "sugar free" things because they had less calories, and I believed they were better for me to eat (especially when I found out that I had an allergy to sugar!). However, since January, I have given up "sugar free" items about 98% of the time because I realized that I was putting nasty chemicals into my body (more about that later). I stick to Truvia and Stevia now, and order my coffee without any flavoring. Also, I am trying to eat more whole foods, and less processed or sugar free junk. Although, I can't resist pretzels....they are my favorite food!

In addition to cutting out fake sugars, and eating more whole foods, I also have increased my running and weight training regime, hence the new title "Running Baker". I have found a new love for running. I still have yet to run my first half marathon, but I recently ran a 10k, and set a new record for myself. I recently took a vacation, so I haven't ran in about a week, but I am hoping to start again tomorrow. I hope that I can keep track of my running goals on this blog, and hope that you post about your running goals too! As for weight training, I am now lifting heavier weights, and have put on about 5 pounds.  I enjoy watching my arm muscles grow, and my legs get firmer.

So, with a new name, you might be wondering if I will have the same content on this blog. The answer is: yes and no. My goals for this blog are to:
-share recipes (healthy and the occasional sinful dessert)
-share my workout experiences and goals
-I hope to share some posts about mindfulness and meditation
-share new foods I love
-share occasional ideas from my work
-share my thoughts and dreams for myself

I hope to keep up with this blog, and that you comment and let me know what kind of posts you would like to see. Tonight I will start out with a post for my protein balls that I made tonight!

xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment