Saturday, March 3, 2012

THE BEST COFFEE FOR THE BEST YOU!


I will admit that I have gotten weird looks and comments from people about my order at Starbucks, but then again, I am always asked "What's that drink you always order?" So, here it is ladies!

Are you ready for this? For those of you who order vanilla lattes or drip coffee, brace yourself for this one, it's a long one....

Here was my normal drink order up until I just decided to stop using "sugar free" flavoring.

*Half decaf, sugar free cinnamon dolce americano with an inch of extra hot steamed soy milk*

Whew! You made it through reading all that! Although some of you might have had to read that several times to comprehend this order :)

Luckily, the nice staff at Starbucks has told me that this drink order isn't that bad compared to others, so I just keep telling myself this.

This has been my drink for several years, but I have just decided to give up sugar-free flavoring switched my drink to a half decaf americano with extra hot soy. Now I bring my own Stevia (all natural, plant-based sweetener) packet to sweeten my drink. I also add cinnamon powder, vanilla powder, and nutmeg. This drink probably comes to about 20-40 calories (depending on how much milk is added).

Here is a list of other low calorie drinks that you can order at starbucks or any cafe:
-Ask for tea with steamed soy milk added. I also add Stevia to this = 20-40 calories in a tall

-Skinny lattes (sugar free flavoring and non-fat milk) =  100 calories in a tall

-If you aren't a fan of sugar-free flavors, or adding Stevia, just ask for half the pumps of regular flavor. This can save you about 20 calories and 5 grams of sugar in a tall

-Starbucks Coffee, Caramel, or Mocha Frappaccino Light = about 130 calories for a grande

-Try substituting soy milk for 2% milk. In my opinion it is much sweeter!

-Iced Passion Tea unsweetened (not the passion tea lemonade) *Ask for light ice!

-My sister introduced me to this brilliant idea: If you are a fan of eggnog lattes (or as my dad calls them: a hug in a mug) try getting an americano with 1 pump vanilla flavoring and about an inch of steamed eggnog. This will save you a lot of calories.

-Iced nonfat raspberry latte (courtesy of my mom) only 60 calories for a tall

What are your favorite low-cal coffee drinks??? Leave me a comment!


Food at Starbucks:

- Oatmeal (just use half the toppings) for about 250 calories

-Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Feta & Egg White Wrap = 280 calories

-Reduced-Fat Turkey Bacon, Egg White, and Reduced-Fat Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich = 320 calories

-Protien meal box in the refridgerated section (not sure the calorie count)



I found this great visual of low-cal coffee drinks for you:






No comments:

Post a Comment