Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cupcake Recipe

Happy Sunday!!!

I had a great Sunday today! This morning I was able to walk some of the dogs at the shelter which was great because one of the dogs made a great jogging partner, so doing something I love doubled as my workout for the day :) Then my mom came to visit my sister and I. We had fun getting coffee, chatting, getting a yummy lunch, walking around Fairhaven, and getting pedicures! It was nice to see my mom and spend some time with my sister too. I hope everyone also had an enjoyable end to your weekend.

Tonight I wanna share one of my favorite cupcake recipes:

Healthier Chocolate Cupcakes with a peanut-butter ganache and banana frosting. Topped with carmelized banana and sugared peanuts.


This cupcake is a favorite of my family, boyfriend, roommate, and roommate's fiance.
Also, this is the only chocolate cake recipe I ever use because I cannot find a better one! It's amazing!

Cupcake Recipe

Ingredients:
    • 1 ½ cups flour
    • 1 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 13; cup cocoa powder
    • ½ cup oil
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 tablespoon vinegar
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee beans

Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together until moist and well blended.
  2. Put in cupcake cups and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
  3. Frost with your favorite icing.
  4. To make a layer cake, double the recipes and put in 2 round cake pans.
  5. Increase baking time to about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cupcakes

Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories 156.2
Calories from Fat 64
41%
Total Fat 7.1 g
11%
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
5%
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
0%
Sodium 225.2 mg
9%
Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
7%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
3%
Sugars 12.5 g
50%
Protein 1.5 g
3%

 Peanut Butter Ganache:
-peanut butter
-almond milk or soy milk
-powdered sugar

I don't have measurements for this ganache but just mix all of these ingredients together (you don't need much) and add a little more milk to make it runny. If I had to guess, I would say about 1 tablespoon of PB, 1/8 c powdered sugar, and two tablespoons milk. It has been awhile since I made these though.

Frosting:
-Vanilla Frosting
-1 Tablespoon banana instant pudding powder

* I like to make my own healthier frosting, but you could use your favorite store bought frosting or recipe
To make my frosting, I use:
-I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light
-Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

Once again, I am sorry but I don't have the measurements for the frosting because I usually just add everything together until I get a good taste and consistancy. It's probably a ratio of 1:2 butter to sugar.

Sugared Peanuts
-melt about a teaspoon of light butter in the microwave with a little brown sugar and salt. Chop up  some peanuts and stir them into the melted sugar butter. Wahla!

Carmelized Banana Slices
-Slice up half a banana and cook them on pan sprayed with PAM over the stove until golden brown on each side.

*** Make sure the cupcakes are cool before you put on the ganache, because the ganache is already runny. After the ganache is on, let that cool before you put on the frosting***

Let me know if you have any questions! And let me know if you try them!

Have a good Monday tomorrow everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment